USGS M 2.5+ Earthquakes

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Earthquake News on Social Media

I heard about the unfortunate disaster in Japan not from switching on the TV, but from signing into my Twitter account and discovering the trending topics section which had been entirely consumed with Western city names, #prayforJapan, #tsunami and more. I learned from the enters of these trending topics that there had been a devastating temblor that hit Japan, causing a tsunami that washed away homes, cars and memories.

That's almost people all around the world knew in a realtime before tv news did..the power of social media told the world what was happened during that time in a realtime..so I will list here twitter account regarding earthquake information:

@
@
@ 
@EarthUSGS




Twitter list :
http://twitter.com/TheTokyoPost/japan-earthquake-coverage


I will update this twitter list soon..

  

No comments:

Post a Comment